Frequently Asked Questions
6. When should parents keep their QCS student home from school?
Do not come to QCS if you have any ONE of the following:
• Body temperature of 100 degrees or higher any time in the previous 24 hours
• Persistent cough
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Vomiting or diarrhea
• Body chills
• Loss of taste or smell
Do not come to QCS if you have any TWO of the following:
• Body aches
• Sore throat
• Runny nose or congestion
Do not come to QCS if you are required to quarantine.
10. What if a student has recently returned from traveling out of Haiti?
International travel into Haiti requires a negative COVID19 test.
This international policy should reduce cases of COVID19 coming into Haiti.
When students or teachers travel, a copy of the negative test will be required to return to campus. These should be turned into the QCS nurse's office.
1. What time does school start and end at QCS?
7:00am = Gates are opened for vehicles to park inside QCS.
7:15am = Temperature Checks will begin.
Mondays = Classes start for all grades at 8:45am
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays = Classes start for all grades at 8:00am
2:30pm = Elementary students are dismissed. This includes grades Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5.
2:45pm = Middle School students are dismissed. Grades 6, 7 & 8.
3:00pm = High School students are dismissed. Grades 9, 10, 11, 12.
3:30pm = All students are to be picked up and off QCS campus.
Any student not picked up by 3:30 will wait on the soccer field for parents to arrive.
QCS reserves the right to charge families for picking up students late.
“What are the morning drop-off procedures?”
“What are the afternoon pick-up procedures?” for more information.
2. What are the morning drop-off procedures?
1) The QCS gate on Delmas 77 will open for vehicles to park inside at 7:00am.
2) All people are to remain in the vehicle.
3) At 7:15am Temperature Checks will begin.
4) Students will roll their window down for a temperature check.
5) If the temperature of the student is below 100 degrees they will be permitted to
exit the vehicle and walk to designated class areas.
6) All students must wear a mask (not shield) to exit the vehicle.
7) If the temperature of the student is above 100 degrees the student will not be permitted to stay on the QCS campus.
8) If a student drives to school, they will be directed where to park by QCS employees. The student will wait in the vehicle until passing the required temperature check.
9) Parents and drivers are not to leave their vehicle. Should parents need to visit the office they will need to pass the required temperature check and wear a mask while at QCS.
3. What are the afternoon pick-up procedures?
Please see the “What time does school start and end at QCS?” button.
1) The QCS gate on Delmas 77 will open at 2:30pm for afternoon pick-up.
2) Vehicles will pull into the QCS parking lot and will be directed to park by QCS staff.
3) All people are to remain in their vehicle.
4) A QCS staff member will communicate the name of the QCS student to be picked up.
5) Students will be released from their waiting area when their name is called.
6) Students are to go directly to their vehicle.
7) Elementary students will be assisted by a QCS staff member to their vehicle.
7) All students are to be picked up by 3:30pm. QCS reserves the right to charge families for students left after 3:30pm.
5. What if a QCS student needs to leave school early?
If a student needs to be picked up early from school it is mandatory to call ahead.
The QCS office numbers are: 2816-3000 & 2816-4000.
After passing a temperature screening parents should come to the main QCS office.
Office personnel will assist in getting students from class. Parents and drivers should not go directly to classrooms.
14. Are parents and visitors allowed on QCS campus?
QCS will limit parents and visitors at QCS.
Parents please call the main QCS office if you need to come on campus.
The office numbers are: 2816-3000 & 2816-4000.
Parents please be advised that you will need to pass a temperature screening before exiting your vehicle. Please go directly to the QCS main office.
13. What is QCS policy on Face Coverings?
The face covering policy may change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
1) QCS students will be required to wear a mask on QCS campus. Instances when masks may be removed include: while eating lunch, during exercise, and in large spaces where students are safely distanced 6 feet from one another.
2) QCS faculty and staff are required to wear face coverings during the school day except when alone in their assigned workspace or classroom. Teachers will wear a face shield in place of a mask while teaching to increase communication.
3) Masks must cover one’s nose and mouth and be fully secured. Students should bring their own fresh, clean face covering to school every day.
4) Masks or face coverings should be plain or patterned and appropriate in nature. Administration will make the final decision if a mask is appropriate and meets necessary requirements.
7. What happens if a student or teacher shows COVID-19 symptoms at QCS?
If a student or QCS employee presents COVID-19 symptoms, the nurse will complete a health assessment. Should the nurse determine it is necessary the QCS employee or student would be sent home immediately. Parents would be contacted to pick up their student. QCS will ensure the individual in question is kept a safe distance from others.
QCS reserves the right to require a COVID19 test or doctor's note for a staff member or student to return to campus.
9. What happens if a QCS student or teacher tests positive for COVID-19?
Should a student or staff member test positive for COVID19 the individual will be instructed to not return to QCS campus until cleared.
In order for a student/staff member who tested positive for COVID-19 to return to campus they must take a COVID19 "Rapid Test" or have a doctor note indicating that the student/staff member is no longer COVID-19 positive.
8. What happens if someone at QCS is exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19?
Any person that has been in contact with an infected person (example: was less than 6 feet away from the individual for 10 minutes or more) will need to be quarantined for 10 days and continue with DL instruction. Those individuals quarantined due to contact tracing may secure testing after 7 days of quarantine. Absences due to health screening restrictions will not be counted as school day absences assuming the student continues with DL.
If a case of COVID-19 appears on campus, QCS will close the division affected. (Elementary, Middle, and/or High School). The area will remain closed for 1-2 days to conduct cleaning. Students and teachers in that division will use DL during those specific days.
12. What cleaning measures will QCS be taking?
QCS classrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and paper towels. Hand washing stations have been placed at various locations around campus. Common areas including the cafeteria are cleaned & sanitized by janitorial staff throughout the day. Evening janitorial staff clean and disinfect the QCS facility. Elementary classroom doors and windows are left open to allow ventilation and airflow. Secondary classrooms regularly have windows and doors open to allow for airflow. Shared equipment in computer labs is maintained with a protocol of surface cleaning between every use. Teachers are encouraged to utilize outdoor instructional space when possible.
Please see “What is QCS policy on Face Coverings?”
Students are instructed not to share items with their classmates.
Healthy reminders and social distancing guidelines are displayed throughout QCS for students and staff. These include: Stay 3 feet apart when possible, frequent hand washing, and how to stop the spread of germs.
Fire drills and lockdown drills will be modified to maintain proper physical distancing to the greatest extent possible.
11. Will QCS students still have recess and Physical Education?
Yes! Recess schedules will be modified to allow small groups of students at a time. PE classes will continue. Recreational and sports equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
4. What is QCS planning for snacks and lunch time? Will breakfast be available?
QCS will have normal lunch and snack times.
1) Limited breakfast items will be available for purchase from 7:15-7:50.
2) QCS will serve hot lunch.
3) Snack items will be available for purchase.
4) Microwaves will be available for student use.
5) School divisions have specific times and locations for lunch and snack breaks.
6) Students will be required to sit no more than 6 students per lunch table.