QCS COVID-19 PLAN
Our current policies and procedures are not exhaustive.
Updates will be needed as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop.
“I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 1:6
Ask QCS teachers why they teach and one answer will be consistent. “THE STUDENTS.” Being a community and working together is one of the benefits of being a part of QCS. We look forward to mornings with students playing soccer on the field. Children playing on the elementary playground. Secondary students sitting together, talking, laughing and some of them even...studying! We look forward to teachers in classrooms carrying out the QCS Mission Statement: “QCS will provide the best possible US accredited education where students learn to understand, interpret and analyze the world from a biblically integrated point of view.” More than anything else we desire to be together again.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
6. When should parents keep their QCS student home from school?
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Runny nose or congestion
10. What if a student has recently returned from traveling out of Haiti?
2. In the event that the QCS student, teacher, employee, contractor or volunteer is not able to submit a negative test result for COVID-19, the person in question has self-quarantined at home for 14 calendar days after her/his arrival in Haiti.
1. What time does school start and end at QCS?
2. What are the morning drop-off procedures?
3. What are the afternoon pick-up procedures?
5. What if a QCS student needs to leave school early?
14. Are parents and visitors allowed on QCS campus?
Parents please call the main QCS office if you need to come on campus.
The office numbers are: 2816-3000 & 2816-4000.
Parents please be advised that you will need to pass a temperature screening before coming on campus. After please go directly to the QCS main office. All parents are required to wear a face covering while at QCS.
Any visitors allowed on QCS campus will need to pass a temperature check and wear a face covering while on QCS campus.
13. What is QCS policy on Face Coverings?
7. What happens if a student or teacher shows COVID-19 symptoms at QCS?
• a negative COVID-19 test
• no fever without the use of fever-reducing medicines
• provide a doctor’s note.
9. What happens if a QCS student or teacher tests positive for COVID-19?
8. What happens if someone at QCS is exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19?
12. What cleaning measures will QCS be taking?
Upon entering the classroom students will sanitize their hands. Students will be instructed not to share items with their classmates.
11. Will QCS students still have recess and Physical Education?
4. What is QCS planning for snacks and lunch time?